A juried exhibition of dream-related works will be displayed in conjunction with the 30th annual conference of the International Association for the Study of Dreams (IASD) at the Virginia Beach Resort and Conference Center at the Virginia Beach, Virginia, June 21 – June 25, 2013.
Thanks to all the artists who submitted entries to the 2013 art exhibit. Jury results will be sent by email during the first week of May. Please contact Robert Gongloff ( Roberto@asdreams.org ) if you have questions.
“Dream Castles in the Sand”
2013 Juried Dream Art Exhibition
International Association for the Study of Dreams
Virginia Beach Resort and Conference Center
Virginia Beach, Virginia
June 21 – 25, 2013
The exhibition will be curated by Donna Iona Drozda, Virginia Beach artist, author, educator, and Owner of Wren House Studio in Virginia Beach.
Judges include the following:
- Monika Del Bosque (Thousand Oaks, California) Pierce College Art Faculty and Gallery Director; MFA, JFK University
- Michael Reidy (Virginia Beach, Virginia) Artist; Emerson College (England) alumnus; Director, McClees Galleries (Philadelphia, PA); art advisor to ARE & Venture Inward magazine
- Richard Russo (Berkeley, California) Editor-in-Chief IASD Magazine DreamTime; former Chair of IASD Arts Committee
- Kim Vergil (Montreal, Canada) Artist, Former Chair of IASD Arts Committee and curator of conference art exhibits.
Nancy Richter Brzeski Dream Art Awards
Thanks to the generous support of Nancy Richter Brzeski, several thousand dollars in cash prizes will be awarded. First prize is $1000.
- Winners will be chosen from among the artists whose work is accepted for display at the conference, unless the artists specifically ask to have their names withdrawn.
- For consideration for these awards, in addition to the required documentation for the show, artists’ statements must include the dream or the significant part of the dream that inspired the art.
- Criteria for selection will be originality, integrity, universality, and relevance to dreams and dreaming.
- The award winners will be chosen by a special panel consisting of Nancy Richter Brzeski, Kim Vergil, and Stephen Swan.
- Winners will be announced at the art reception to be held on Sunday, June 23, during the IASD conference.
Notification of Jury’s Decision:
The jury will review all entries by mid April. Artists’ notifications and Jury results will be sent by email during the first week of May, 2013. No substitution of selected work accepted.
Liability, and Delivery & Pickup of Work:
All art accepted for the show must be hand-delivered to the Virginia Beach Resort and Conference Center, Virginia Beach, Virginia. The conference center is not able to accept shipments.
If your work is accepted for the show, you will receive detailed delivery and pickup instructions prior to those dates.
- All works accepted for the on-site show must be suitably framed and/or ready for display. Works on paper must be framed under glass or Plexiglas. All work must be delivered wrapped and protected for storage till hanging of show. Unprotected works will not be accepted.
- Those artists presenting accepted Video works must provide an appropriate player and monitor.
- All art works will be handled by experienced personnel and the utmost care taken to guarantee the safety of the work. The exhibition spaces will be staffed during all open hours of the show. However, IASD will not be responsible for any loss or damage to the work during installation or during the exhibitions. INSURANCE IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH ARTIST.
General Correspondence: Email Questions to:
• Robert P. Gongloff, firstname.lastname@example.org
FROM THE FOUNDER OF THE IASD NANCY BRZESKI ART AWARDS…
A New Book Exploring Her Art
From the Preface by Rita Dwyer: “This lovely book exemplifies a strong woman’s determination in her search for wholeness and healing, for gaining freedom to become more attuned to her own talents and through her artistic expression developing creative new ways of seeing and being in her world while honoring the past that led her to her life today. Teacher, wife, mother, grandmother, dreamer, friend, patroness of artists, Nancy Richter Brzeski combines all these energies within her waking and dreaming worlds.”
This book is not yet in print but a copy will be available for your review at the art exhibit.